A carriageway resurfacing scheme on B62 Ballymena Road, Ballymoney (Rodeing Foot) will commence on Monday 2 October 2023.
The resurfacing work will extend for a distance of approximately 0.58 kilometres and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to implement a road closure (overnight only), between the hours of 7:00 pm, and 7:00 am from Monday 2 October 2023 until Saturday 14 October 2023.
During these times, signed diversionary routes will be in place. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
Work will be carried out in three phases, with closures and diversions in place for each, as highlighted below. Only one phase will be completed at a time, and at least one roundabout will be open at all times.
Diversion route for Cockpit Brae Roundabout resurfacing, via Union Street, Victoria Street, Market Steet/Knock Road, A26 Frosses Road, Kilraughts Road and vice versa.
Diversion route for Garryduff Road Roundabout resurfacing, via Raida Ave, Ballymena Road, Frosses Road, Kirk Road/Newal Road and vice versa.
Diversion route for Ballymena Road resurfacing, via Kilraughts Road, Frosses Road, Kirk Road/Newal Road and vice versa.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 14 October 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The Department has programmed the work to ensure it is completed as efficiently and safely as possible with the minimum disruption to road users.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – November 2023 08 December 2023
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council pledge to Share the Road to Zero 08 December 2023
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland In-depth Report 2021 has been published today 07 December 2023
- Consultation begins on options for introducing water and sewerage charges 07 December 2023