A carriageway resurfacing scheme on B7 Rathfriland Road Dromara will commence on Monday 25 September 2023.
The resurfacing scheme will involve the asphalt resurfacing of a 1.9 kilometre stretch of the Rathfriland Road from a location 600 metres north of the Rathfriland Road/Dechomet Road junction to the Slievenaboley Road junction.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those travelling between Moneyslane and Dromara is expected to be completed by Friday 17 November 2023.
To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement road closures from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday, from Monday 25 September to Friday 17 November 2023. The road will be open to traffic overnight and at the weekends.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via the following routes:
B7 Rathfriland Road – A50 Ballyward Road – A50 Castlewellan Road – A50 Bann Road – A25 Mill Hill – A25 Ardnabannon Road – B175 Ballylough Road – B175 Ballynahinch Road – B175 Drumaroad Hill – B175 Edendariff Road – B175 Dunmore Road – B175 Spa Road – A24 Church Road – B7 Dromore Street – B7 Dromore Road – B7 Burren Road – B7 Ballynahinch Road and B7 Hillsborough Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 17 November 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – August 2023’ 15 September 2023