A £240,000 road improvement scheme on the A24 Saintfield Road, Carryduff will commence on Monday 28 September 2020.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from Knockbracken Road South to a point 200 metres short of Manse Road junction, will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 27 October 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of lane and road closures for the duration of the works as follows:
- Off-peak lane closures will be in place, Monday to Friday, from Monday 28 September until Friday 2 October between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm.
- A series of full weekend road closures will operate from Saturday 3 October at 9.00 pm until Monday 5 October at 6.00 am and again on Saturday 10 October from 9.00pm until Monday 12 October at 6.00 am
- A further full road closure will be in place on Sunday 18 October from 6.00 am until 9.00 pm.
- Overnight road closures will then operate for the final phase of the resurfacing works from Monday 19 October until Tuesday 27 October between the hours of 9.00 pm and 6.00 am.
During full road closures a diversionary route will operate via A7 Saintfield Rd, B178 Comber Rd, A23 Moneyreagh Rd, A55 Upper Knockbreda Rd to accommodate traffic and vice versa.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works, and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and follow the signed diversionary route when required.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by Tuesday 27 October, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Attitudes to Electric Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2019/20 has been published today 26 November 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown 25 November 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2020-21 Quarter Two 25 November 2020
- Mallon welcomes enhanced facilities for pedestrians and cyclists on Knock Dual Carriageway 24 November 2020