A £240,000 road improvement scheme on the A24 Saintfield Road, Carryduff will commence on Monday 28 September 2020.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from Knockbracken Road South to a point 200 metres short of Manse Road junction, will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 27 October 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of lane and road closures for the duration of the works as follows:
- Off-peak lane closures will be in place, Monday to Friday, from Monday 28 September until Friday 2 October between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm.
- A series of full weekend road closures will operate from Saturday 3 October at 9.00pm until Monday 5 October at 6.00am and again on Saturday 10 October from 9.00pm until Monday 12 October at 6.00am
- A further full road closure will be in place on Sunday 18 October from 6.00am until 9.00pm.
- Overnight road closures will then operate for the final phase of the resurfacing works from Monday 19 October until Tuesday 27 October between the hours of 9.00pm and 6.00am.
During full road closures a diversionary route will operate via A7 Saintfield Rd, B178 Comber Rd, A23 Moneyreagh Rd, A55 Upper Knockbreda Rd to accommodate traffic and vice versa.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works, and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and follow the signed diversionary route when required.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by Tuesday 27 October, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020