Work on the resurfacing of the Shore Road Strangford commenced on Monday 1 May 2023.
The resurfacing scheme involves the asphalt resurfacing of a 1.2 kilometres stretch of the Shore Road, from the Downpatrick Road Strangford towards Ardglass.
It will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.00 am Thursday 1 June to 4.30 pm Friday 07 July 2023 from the A25 Downpatrick Road, Strangford to its junction with U238 Bishops Court. During this time a signed diversionary route will operate via C366 Lismore Road, C283 Crew Road, C283 Churchtown Road and A25 Castleward Road. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times, however some minor delays may be experienced.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network and enhance road drainage to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those who travel between Strangford and Ardglass.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfraon Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024