Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale will benefit from a £292,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 10 August 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1050m across two separate sections of the road. Work includes localised footway refurbishment.
To complete this scheme safely, a daily weekday road closure will be in operation from Monday 10 August to Friday 25 September between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
Signed diversion routes will be in place. The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by 25 September 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020