A carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on the Glen Road, Belfast commenced on Monday 22 January 2024.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches between Suffolk Road to Glenside Road will deliver significant benefits for road users.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 22 January until Friday 12 April 2024 between the hours of 7.00 am and 5.00 pm.
During these times a diversionary route will be in place via Hannahstown Hill– Upper Springfield Road- Hannahstown Road – Rock Road- Mullaghglass Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 12 April 2024, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024