A resurfacing scheme on Annadale Embankment, Belfast will commence on Monday 1 June 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 300 metres between Wellington Square and Mornington.
To complete the £110,000 scheme safely it will be necessary to operate a series of road and lane closures, from Monday 1 June until Tuesday 9 June between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed during these times and the road will only be closed when the nature of the works require it.
While this work is to undertake resurfacing of existing provision, the Department is embarking on a new active travel agenda under the direction of Minister Mallon – and while the extension of cycle lane provision at Annadale is not possible as part of this current scheme, options for enhanced active travel in the area will be explored.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. We reiterate the advice that only essential travel should take place. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by Tuesday 9 June is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020