A £464,000 resurfacing scheme on B30 Newry Road, Lislea will commence on Monday 13 February 2023.
The improvement work will extend from the junction with Longfield Road to the junction with Calmor View and includes resurfacing of the carriageway with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm commencing on Monday 13 February 2023 until Friday 24 March 2023.
An alternative route for will be signed with traffic being diverted via B30 Hall Road – Sturgan Brae – B30 Newtown Road – A25 Newtown Road – Newry Road – B78 Markethill Road – A29 Dundalk Street – Dundalk Road – New Road – B30 Silverbridge Road – B30 Newry Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic during evenings and weekends with local access for residents and emergency services maintained at all times although some minor delays are possible.
Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by 24 March 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023