A resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill will commence on Monday 25 September 2023.
The improvement work will extend for 2 kilometres from Brookvale Crescent towards Richhill and includes resurfacing with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works it will be necessary to operate weekday road closures between the hours of 09.15 am and 18.00 pm, commencing on Monday 25 September until Friday 20 October 2023. The road will be open evenings and weekends.
A diversionary route will operate via B111 The New Line, B111 Annareagh Road, A51 Marlacoo Road and B78 Markethill Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 20 October 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – November 2023 08 December 2023
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council pledge to Share the Road to Zero 08 December 2023
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland In-depth Report 2021 has been published today 07 December 2023
- Consultation begins on options for introducing water and sewerage charges 07 December 2023