The ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ report, containing statistics up to February 2023, is now available.
The publication is produced by the DVA Statistics Branch of the Department for Infrastructure (DfI), and contains summary volumes on the vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted by the DfI’s Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA).
The publication is available on the DfI website at: https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/articles/driver-and-vehicle-agency-monthly-tests-conducted-statistics
- In February 2023, the DVA conducted 85,962 full vehicle tests, the highest February figure on record. This figure is 37% (22,997) above the five-year February average (62,965).
- Private cars accounted for 83% (71,052) of all full vehicle tests conducted in February 2023.
- The DVA received 87,215 applications for a full vehicle test during February 2023.
Driving Practical Testing
- The DVA conducted 5,100 driving tests in February 2023. This figure is 33% (1,276) higher than the five-year February average (3,824).
- Private cars accounted for 81% (4,138) of all driving tests conducted in February 2023.
- In February 2023, the DVA received 5,802 applications for a driving test.
Driver Theory Testing
- The DVA conducted 5,985 theory tests in February 2023, 28% higher than the five-year February average (4,685).
- Private cars accounted for 86% (5,131) of all theory tests conducted in February 2023.
- The DVA received 8,317 applications for a theory test during February 2023.
Notes to editors:
- This is the 30th edition of the publication ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’, to February 2023.
- The release presents statistics on vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted during February 2023, together with trend series over the previous seven financial years.
- We source vehicle and driver data from administrative data sources within the DVA, whilst DVSA supply theory-testing data. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) took over the contract for theory testing from Pearson on 4 September 2021.
- ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’ is published every month at pre-announced release dates, which are available from the GOV.UK website.
- Electronic copies of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ can be downloaded from our website at: DVA Monthly Tests - Conducted Statistics
- A detailed User Guidance document is also available on our website.
- This report supplements the existing quarterly National Statistics publication ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics’. The latest edition of this for quarter three 2022-23 was released on 1 March 2023 and is available on our website at: DVA Activity Statistics
- This is an Official Statistics publication and therefore follows the Code of Practice for Official Statistics. You can find further information about the Code of Practice at: Statistics Authority
- For further information, please contact:
Driver and Vehicle Agency,
Annex 4, Belfast Test Centre,
66 Balmoral Road,
Belfast, BT12 6QL
- Tel (public enquiries): 02890 547911 (Text relay prefix 18001)
- Email: DVA.Statistics@nisra.gov.uk
- Website: DVA Monthly Tests - Conducted Statistics
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023