The ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2022’ report, containing statistics up to December 2022, is now available.
The publication is produced by the DVA Statistics Branch of the Department for Infrastructure (DfI), and contains summary volumes on the vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted by the DfI’s Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA).
The publication is available on the DfI website at: Driver and Vehicle Agency Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics.
The key points in the report are:
In December 2022, the DVA conducted 68,880 full vehicle tests, the highest December figure on record. This figure is 47% (22,054) above the five year December average (46,826).
Private cars accounted for 85% (58,612) of all full vehicle tests conducted in December 2022.
The DVA received 63,001 applications for a full vehicle test during December 2022.
Driving Practical Testing
The DVA conducted 4,653 driving tests in December 2022. This figure is 25% higher than the five year December average (3,708), and the highest December figure in our series since April 2014.
Private cars accounted for 83% (3,880) of all driving tests conducted in December 2022.
In December 2022, the DVA received 4,588 applications for a driving test.
Driver Theory Testing
The DVA conducted 6,115 theory tests in December 2022, 16% higher than the five year December average (5,273).
Private cars accounted for 86% (5,236) of all theory tests conducted in December 2022.
The DVA received 5,792 applications for a theory test during December 2022.
Notes to editors:
- This is the twenty-eighth edition of the publication ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’, to December 2022.
- The release presents statistics on vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted during December 2022, together with trend series over the previous seven financial years.
- We source vehicle and driver data from administrative data sources within the DVA, whilst DVSA supply theory-testing data. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- (DVSA) took over the contract for theory testing from Pearson on 4 September 2021.
- ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’ is published every month at pre-announced release dates, which are available from the GOV.UK website.
- Electronic copies of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2022’ can be downloaded from our website at: Driver and Vehicle Agency Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics
- A detailed User Guidance document is also available on our website.
- This report supplements the existing quarterly National Statistics publication ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics’. The latest edition of this for quarter one 2022-23 was released on 30 November and is available on our website at: Driver and Vehicle Agency Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics.
- This is an Official Statistics publication and therefore follows the Code of Practice for Official Statistics. You can find further information about the Code of Practice at: Statistics Authority
- For further information, please contact: DVA Statistics Branch, Driver and Vehicle Agency, Annex 4, Belfast Test Centre, 66 Balmoral Road, Belfast, BT12 6QL. Tel (public enquiries): 02890 547911 (Text relay prefix 18001); email: DVA.Statistics@nisra.gov.uk website: Driver and Vehicle Agency Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Resurfacing works at Coalisland Road, Dungannon to commence 27 January 2023
- Publication of Road Safety Issues in Northern Ireland 2021/22 26 January 2023
- Attitudes towards E-Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2021/22 has been published today 26 January 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter Two’ 25 January 2023