A £95,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Gray’s Hill, Bangor will commence on Monday 22 July 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 265 metres from Princetown Road to the junction with Queens Parade. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure (Mon-Fri) from Monday 22 July until Friday 2 August between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm. During these hours Gray’s Hill will be closed to through traffic and a diversion will operate via Princetown Road, Dufferin Avenue, Main Street and Queens Parade. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained where possible during the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys. In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
Completion of the work by 2 August 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- Preferred route for the Armagh East Link Road confirmed 20 August 2019
- Belfast taxi driver convicted of illegal taxi plying offences 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019