Work on a £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in the Hull’s Lane area of Lisburn will begin on 16 October 2018.
The scheme has been developed to reduce the risk of flooding to three commercial properties as well as reducing the risk of damage to water pressure against the Belfast to Dublin railway line at times of flooding.
The scheme, which will take approximately nine months to complete, will involve the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert, a new in-situ concrete flood retaining wall, and other work items.
These works are being undertaken by FP McCann.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019