A £78,000 footway re-construction and carriageway resurfacing scheme on Broughshane Street, Ballymena, will start on Monday 23 September 2019.
The scheme is from the mini-roundabout at Suffolk Street to the roundabout at Parkway, a distance of approximately 130 metres, and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and footways. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 25 October 2019.
The footway re-construction works will be undertaken between the hours of 9.00am to 4.00pm daily and at times there will be lane closures in place. To reduce the disruption caused by the carriageway resurfacing element of the scheme it will be carried out at night using a full road closure, from 7.00pm to 7.00am, starting on Sunday 20 October until Friday 25 October 2019. Pedestrian access for residents and businesses will be facilitated with vehicular diversions being signposted.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister announces extensions for driving licences, resumption of IVA testing and other DVA services 26 May 2020
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020