A £75,000 road improvement scheme for B2 Drumnacanvy Road, Portadown will commence on Tuesday 20 March 2018.
The scheme will improve forward visibility and horizontal alignment including localised road widening in the vicinity of Knocknamuckly Lane. This will improve road safety and deliver significant benefits to the road network. The work is expected to take six weeks to complete.
To facilitate the works the road will be closed fully from 20 March for approximately six weeks.
Signed diversions will be in place via Knock Road and Bleary Road for traffic travelling from Gilford Road towards Drumnacanvy and via Long Lane for traffic traveling towards Gilford.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme on Ashgrove Road, Portadown 03 December 2018