A £630,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Downpatrick Road Ardglass will commence on Monday 23 January 2023.
The resurfacing scheme will involve the asphalt resurfacing of a 1.7 kilometre stretch of the Downpatrick Road, from the Ballyhosset Road junction to the Crew Road junction.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those who travelling between Downpatrick and Ardglass and is expected to be completed by Friday 3 March 2023.
To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday, from on Monday 23 January 2023 through to Friday 3 March 2023. The road will be open to traffic overnight and at the weekends.
During these times a signed diversionary route will operate via B1 Ardglass Road, U251 Flying Horse Road, B176 Killough Road, B176 Downpatrick Road, A2 Station Road, A2 Killough Road, A2 High Street, A2 Kildare Street, A2 Quay Street and B1 Downpatrick Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times, however some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 3 March 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023