A £450,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A2 Portavogie Road, Ballyhalbert commences today Thursday 14 February 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 2.6 kilometres and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
The initial preparatory work will be carried out under a rolling lane closure with temporary traffic lights between its junction with Bush Road and its junction with Warnock’s Road from 14 February 2019 until 15 March 2019. A temporary 40mph speed restriction will be in operation during this time.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm from its junction with Warnock’s Road to its junction with Bush Road from Monday 18 March 2019 until Friday 5 April 2019. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
During the closure times a two-way diversion will be in place via Warnock’s Road, Main Road, Victoria Road/High Street and Harbour Road.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 5 April 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020