A £411,000 resurfacing scheme on the B59 Tully Road, Ballymena will start on Tuesday 19 March 2019.
The scheme which extends one kilometre from Moorfields Road junction to Ross Lane Junction, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 19 April 2019.
To ensure the safety of road users and road workers a full road closure will be in operation daily from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm from Tuesday 19 March until Friday 19 April. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
A36 Moorfields Road - Collin Road - Rashee Rd - Doagh Road - Ballymena Road - Doagh Road
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019
- UPDATE: £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 29 November 2019