A £411,000 resurfacing scheme on the B59 Tully Road, Ballymena will start on Tuesday 19 March 2019.
The scheme which extends one kilometre from Moorfields Road junction to Ross Lane Junction, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 19 April 2019.
To ensure the safety of road users and road workers a full road closure will be in operation daily from 7:00am to 6:00pm from Tuesday 19 March until Friday 19 April. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
A36 Moorfields Road - Collin Road - Rashee Rd - Doagh Road - Ballymena Road - Doagh Road
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Works to commence on new shared footpath link from Broadway Roundabout to Bog Meadows 15 May 2019
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme in Newtownards Town Centre 10 May 2019
- £337,000 resurfacing works on A3 Dobbin Road, Richhill at Broomhill 08 May 2019
- £300,000 road improvement scheme for Harberton Park, Belfast 08 May 2019