A £400,000 resurfacing scheme on the Battleford Road, Armagh will commence on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
The scheme will include resurfacing work at five locations between the Bracknagh Road junction and the River Blackwater Bridge. On completion, the scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Mon-Fri) between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm from Wednesday 27 November 2019 to Friday 20 December 2019. Traffic is being diverted via the Battleford Road – Ballycrummy Road – Killylea Road – Caledon – Dyan Road – Eglish Road - Battleford Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by 20 December is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Statement from Paul Duffy, Chief Executive of the Driver and Vehicle Agency 27 January 2020
- Mallon outlines MOT test temporary exemptions while repairs are ongoing 26 January 2020
- Mallon announces £288,000 investment for Collin Road, Ballymena 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £220,000 resurfacing scheme for Loughshore Road, Fermanagh 24 January 2020