A £370,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A25 Newry Road, Newtownhamilton, will commence on Monday 25 February 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.25 kilometres from Shambles Lane to Whiterock Road.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 25 February until Friday 15 March. During these times a diversion will be in place via Newtown Road/Newry Road/Mountain Road/Crossmaglen Road/Newry Road/Silverbridge Road/New Road/Dundalk Street/Armagh Street/Markethill Road and vice versa. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 15 March however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £320,000 road improvement scheme on Malone Road, Belfast 22 March 2019
- Respect our road workers, they are working to improve your journey 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Public Transport Journey Planning in Northern Ireland statistical report 2017/18 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Third Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 21 March 2019