A £355,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A25 Blaney Road, Newtownhamilton will commence on Monday 5 August 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately two kilometres from Mullaghduff Road to a point 190 metres east of Tullyvallan Hall Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 5 August until Friday 20 September. During these hours a diversion will be in place via Blaney Road, Dundalk Street, Keady Road, Darkley Road, Castleblaney Road, R181, R182, Blaney Road and vice versa
The road will remain open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 20 September will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019