A £350,000 road improvement scheme will commence on 27 February at the Hall Road/Anaghanoon Road junctions on the A26 Lurgan to Banbridge Road near Waringstown.
The works will provide dedicated right turn lanes into both junctions and a new bus lay-by. The alignment of the A26 Banbridge Road will also be improved, resulting in enhanced safety for road users at this location.
Work is expected to take approximately 10 weeks to complete. Traffic control will be in operation to facilitate the construction of this scheme and to ensure the safety of road users and site personnel.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however, motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above planned scheme is subject to favourable weather conditions, for information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022