Work on the final phase of a £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in the Acres area of Lisnaskea has commenced.
This is the final phase of the scheme which will reduce the risk of flooding to dwellings in the Acres area of Lisnaskea that flooded during the December 2015 floods.
This final phase includes 80 metres of new pipeline with associated inlet and outlet structures and will include the replacement of the road culvert. The works are expected to be completed by the end of summer 2018.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys. The public will be given advances warning of the dates of the road closures.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. The cost for this final phase is approximately £250,000 and the overall scheme cost is £350,000
2. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383.
- £310,000 road improvement scheme in Waringstown 14 August 2018
- £410,000 improvement schemes for Sligo Road, Fermanagh 13 August 2018
- £200,000 investment for eight new Greenway designs 09 August 2018
- Belfast Rapid Transit bus lanes go live in Belfast Harbour Estate and city centre 08 August 2018