£340,000 carriageway resurfacing schemes on Kiln Road and Lough Road Lurgan are due to commence in June.
The Kiln Road resurfacing work is due to commence on Monday 11 June 2018 with an expected completion date of Friday 22 June 2018.
Lough Road resurfacing works will follow, with an expected start date of Saturday 23 June and expected completion date of Friday 6 July 2018.
The Kiln Road works will involve resurfacing at both the Silverwood Road end and the Lough Road end of the road, with extensive large scale patching between the resurfaced stretches.
A road closure will be in effect on Kiln Road from 9.30am to 4.00pm from Monday 11June to Friday 22 June. To facilitate the resurfacing works traffic is being diverted via Lough Road, Kinnegoe Embankment, Derrymacash Road and Ballynamoney Road.
Lough Road resurfacing will start from Albert Street in the direction of the M1 for a distance of 1.3km.
The Lough Road closure will be in effect from 8.00am to 6.00pm on Saturday 23 June and Sunday 24 June, from 9.30am to 4.00pm Monday 25 June to Friday 29 June and from 8.00am to 6.00pm Saturday 30 June to Friday 6 July. To facilitate the resurfacing works traffic is being diverted via Kiln Road, Silverwood Road, Eastway, Portadown Road, Edward Street, Church Place and William Street.
On completion, these schemes will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the roads.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £155,000 resurfacing scheme on A2 Seaview, Warrenpoint 22 January 2019
- £287,000 road improvement scheme for Drumlegagh, Co. Tyrone 18 January 2019
- £230,000 road improvement scheme for Strathfoyle, Londonderry 17 January 2019
- £110,000 road improvement scheme on A29 Dungannon Road, Cookstown 17 January 2019