A £320,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Malone Road, Belfast will commence on Saturday 23 March.
The scheme, which stretches from Cadogan Park to Broomhill Close, will greatly improve the quality and safety of the carriageway surface.
Due to the nature of the scheme, work will be carried out under a combination of lane closures and road closures. Overnight road closures will be in operation for five nights from Monday 25 March until Friday 5 April, between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am. Further road closures will also be required between 6.00 am and 8.00 pm on Sunday 31 March and again on Saturday 6 April and Sunday 7 April to complete the final surfacing. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and access will be maintained to individual properties during periods of road closure.
The work has been carefully programmed to minimise disruption to residents and road users however some delays can be expected. Road users are asked to follow the signed diversionary routes and comply with temporary traffic management in place when travelling through, or in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the scheme by 7 April will be dependent on progress of the work and on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change to the completion date.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019
- £111,000 resurfacing scheme for Victoria Road, Larne 14 October 2019