A resurfacing scheme on a section of the B160 Ballinderry Road, from Main Street, Coagh towards Ballinderry will commence on Monday 31 August 2020.
The scheme, which is approximately 1.8 kilometres in length, is scheduled for completion by Friday 2 October 2020. This scheme will also incorporate the resurfacing of the mini roundabout on the B73 Main Street, Coagh.
As part of the overall delivery of the scheme DfI will take the opportunity to construct 60 metres of infill footway on the Ballinderry Road to help promote sustainable travel in the area. Resurfacing of existing footways will be undertaken as required.
During the above dates and times it will be necessary to close the B160 Ballinderry Road to through traffic, between Main Street, Coagh and Drumenny Road, Ballinderry.
During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation along the B73 Main Street, Drumconvis Road, Battery Road and C0618 Drumenny Road and vice versa.
Advanced warning signage for all closures will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. We reiterate the advice that only essential travel should take place and road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit the trafficwatchNI website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020