A £319,000 resurfacing scheme on the A26 Seven Towers Roundabout, Ballymena will start on Monday 17 September 2018.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the Seven Towers Roundabout and the approach roads. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 12 October 2018.
To facilitate the work, lane closures will operate daily from 9.30am to 4:30pm from Monday 17 September until Monday 1 October.
The roundabout will be fully closed each night from 7.00pm to 6.00am from Monday 1 October until Friday 5 October.
The following diversionary routes will be clearly signposted during these road closures:
- Northbound traffic: Cromkill Road - Ballee Road West - Antrim Road - Bridge Street - North Road - Linenhall Street - Larne Road Link - Larne Road Roundabout.
- Southbound traffic: Larne Road Roundabout - Liminary Road - Station Road - Greenfield Road - Woodgreen Road.
In addition, the Antrim Road will be closed continuously from 9.30am on Tuesday 2 October to 4.30pm on Friday 5 October.
Diversionary routes will be signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme on Ballynahinch Road, Drumaroad 21 September 2018
- Publication of Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 20 September 2018
- Newly constructed Toome Park and Ride opens to the public 20 September 2018
- £146,000 resurfacing scheme for Cullion Road / Clabby Road, Tempo 19 September 2018