A £300,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme has commenced on the C0259 Loughdoo Road, Portaferry.
The scheme will improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on this link road between the A2 Cloughey Road and the A20 Deerpark Road. It is expected to be substantially completed by 22 December 2017.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic signals and a road closure during the course of the works.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Publication of Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Second Quarter 2017/18 Statistical Bulletin 14 December 2017
- Publication of Method of Travel to/from School By Pupils In Northern Ireland 2016/2017 14 December 2017
- £350,000 road improvement scheme on A50 Ballyward Road, Ballyward 13 December 2017
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Belfast 12 December 2017