A £300,000 major resurfacing scheme on the B122 Tattyreagh Road, Omagh will commence on 19 February.
Resurfacing of the 2.2 kilometre stretch of road will improve the structural condition of the carriageway, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs.
To facilitate the work the Tattyreagh Road will be closed daily between 08.00 and 17.00 from 19 to 24 February and again from 5 to 10 March. Diversions will be clearly signposted via the B46 Carnlea Road and the B83 Seskinore Road and vice versa. Local access will be maintained.
A Temporary Traffic Control will also be in place from the 26 February to 3 March to accommodate the raising of iron work.
Delays are expected at peak times so motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and use alternative routes if possible.
The scheme is expected to be completed by the 10 March 2018.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £450,000 resurfacing scheme for A2 Portavogie Road, Ballyhalbert 14 February 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Old Belfast Road, Bangor 12 February 2019
- £174,000 road improvement scheme for Hannahstown Road, Lisburn 12 February 2019
- £180,000 resurfacing scheme on A25 Newtown Road / Main Street, Belleek 12 February 2019