A £260,000 resurfacing scheme on a section of the Saintfield Road, Ballynahinch between Belfast Road and Glenview Road has commenced.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 1.2 kilometres from Belfast Road to Glenview Road.
To complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm each weekday from Tuesday 15 September 2020 to Friday 30 October 2020. The road will be open evenings and weekends. A signed diversion will be in place via Belfast Road, Saintfield Road, Lisburn Road and Ballynahinch Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the works by 30 October 2020 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon refuses planning permission for Doraville Wind Farm 26 October 2020
- £148,000 road improvement scheme at Glenburn Road, Dunmurry 23 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Mid Ulster District Council 2020 22 October 2020
- Mallon welcomes An Taoiseach partnership approach to delivering on an all-island infrastructure 22 October 2020