A £255,000 improvement scheme at Ballygowan Road, Comber is scheduled to commence on Friday 3 March 2017.
The resurfacing scheme is expected to be substantially completed by the end of March. It will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on a 1,400m section of this important A Class Trunk Road between Comber and Ballygowan which carries approximately 12,000 vehicles per day.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic signals and a road closure during the course of the improvements.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisnaskea 19 April 2018
- County Tyrone goods vehicle driver fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- County Antrim goods vehicle operator fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- £70,000 road surface repair schemes for Barrack Hill and Shambles Roundabout, Armagh 16 April 2018