A £250,000 footway and carriageway resurfacing scheme in Onslow Parade, Belfast is underway.
The scheme will greatly improve the surface quality of the footways and carriageway and is expected to be completed by mid July 2017.
A full road closure will be in place on Onslow Parade from 15 May 2017 through to 17 July 2017, Monday to Friday each week between the hours of 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. A diversion route will be signed via Cregagh Road, Ardenlee Avenue and Ravenhill Road.
Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the scheme.
The dates and duration of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
2. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
3. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
4. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £240,000 road improvement scheme at Dargan Road, Belfast 20 July 2017
- New Strangford ferry named and bravery award for crew member 20 July 2017
- £275,000 footway scheme at Church Road, Castlereagh 20 July 2017
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 20 July 2017