A £250,000 road improvement scheme for Laurel Hill, Lisburn will commence on 12 February.
The Laurel Hill carriageway will now be resurfaced from Ballymacash Road to Prince William Road. In addition, the scheme will include widening and resurfacing of footways, two new pedestrian islands and improvements to street lighting.
Construction work will continue for approximately eight weeks and during this time it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
While all efforts will be made to minimise disruption, delays may occur at peak times and road users should allow extra time for their journey.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatch.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £220,000 resurfacing work on Kilrea Road, Upperlands 18 June 2018
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council gets update on infrastructure projects for 2018/19 18 June 2018
- Derry City and Strabane District Council gets update on infrastructure projects for 2018/19 13 June 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid & East Antrim 13 June 2018