A £250,000 road improvement scheme for Laurel Hill, Lisburn will commence on 12 February.
The Laurel Hill carriageway will now be resurfaced from Ballymacash Road to Prince William Road. In addition, the scheme will include widening and resurfacing of footways, two new pedestrian islands and improvements to street lighting.
Construction work will continue for approximately eight weeks and during this time it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
While all efforts will be made to minimise disruption, delays may occur at peak times and road users should allow extra time for their journey.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatch.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £106,000 road improvement scheme for Belt Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- £245,000 road improvement scheme for Racecourse Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- Consultation opens on Residents' Parking Scheme for Rossville Street area 12 March 2018
- £75,000 road improvement scheme for Drumnacanvy Road, Portadown 12 March 2018