A £232,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Whitepark Road will commence on Monday 25 November 2019.
The resurfacing work is almost 2 kilometres in length, from the vicinity of Glenstaughey Road to approximately 200m before Scally’s Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate daily road closures between 7.30am and 5.30pm from Monday 25 November until Sunday 1 December.
During these times a diversion will be in place via the A2 Maghery Road - A2 Straid Road and vice versa. The road will be open to traffic outside of these times.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of works by 1 December is dependent on favourable weather conditions, and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020