A £218,000 resurfacing scheme on the Coshquin Road, Londonderry will commence on Monday 4 November 2019 and is scheduled to take four weeks to complete.
The scheme, which starts near the Aileagh Road junction and progresses north westwards for a distance of 1.8 kilometres, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to implement a full road closure from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday. A diversion shall be clearly signed via B507 Branch Road and A1002 Buncrana Road. Access for residents, landowners and for pupils and staff attending the local primary school will be accommodated.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by Saturday 30 November is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020