A £210,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A29 New Road, Tullydonnell, Crossmaglen is underway.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 1160m from the border with Co. Louth to a point 50m northwest of St Bridget’s Terrace. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Thursday 9 January until Friday 7 February. During these times a diversion will be in place as detailed below:
- Southbound: A29 New Road – B30 Newry Road/The Square/Cullaville Road – A37 Concession Road/Route N53 Castletown Road – R132 Newry Road – R177 Armagh Road
- Northbound: R177 Armagh Road – R132 Newry Road/Linenhall Street/Bridge Street – N53 Castletown/Route N53/A37 Concession Road – B30 Cullaville Road/The Square/Newry Road – A29 New Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys in the area.
Work is expected to be completed by 7 February, however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020
- Agencies working together to tackle impacts of rainfall 21 February 2020
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020