A £200,000 resurfacing scheme at the Killead Roundabout, Aldergrove will start on Monday 15 October 2018.
The scheme which includes the entire Killead Roundabout and its approaches will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 19 October 2018.
The roundabout and its approaches will be fully closed from 7.00 pm to 6.00 am for four consecutive nights from Monday 15 October to Thursday 18 October.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signposted during these road closures.
- HGV Diversion: Nutts Corner Roundabout - Belfast Road – Ballyutoag Road – Seven Mile Straight – Old Ballyrobin Road – Ballyrobin Road – Antrim Road – Belfast Road – Belmont Road – Dublin Road.
- Traffic under 16.5T and with a height under 14’ 3”/4.2m: Long Rig Road – Seven Mile Straight – Oldstone Road – Belfast Road – Belmont Road – Dublin Road
- HGV Diversion: A6 Belmont Road – Belfast Road – Antrim Road – Ballyrobin Road – Old Ballyrobin Road – Seven Mile Straight – Ballyutoag Road – Belfast Road - Nutts Corner Roundabout.
- Traffic under 16.5T and with a height under 14’ 3”/4.2m: A6 Belmont Road – Oldstone Road – Seven Mile Straight – Long Rig Road
Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- £212,000 resurfacing scheme for Upper Cairncastle Road, Larne 14 December 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018