A £151,000 resurfacing scheme on Skegoneill Avenue, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 4 February 2019.
The work, which will stretch for approximately 600 metres between the Shore Road and Glandore Avenue, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of carriageway.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from Monday 4 February until Friday 15 February between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.00 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents will be maintained as much as possible, however, parking will not be permitted on this section of Skegoneill Avenue and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion by 15 February will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £150,000 road improvement scheme for Gravelhill Road, Lisburn 18 February 2019