A £150,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt, Co. Fermanagh commenced on Monday 10 December.
The resurfacing work on 1.8km of carriageway will deliver significant improvements by strengthening and restoring the riding surface and skid resistance of the road. Works are expected to be complete by Friday 21 December 2018, subject to favourable weather conditions.
Due to the nature of the scheme the road will be closed from 8.00am to 5.00pm daily from Monday to Friday throughout the duration of the works. During these times a two-way diversion will be in place via Swanlinbar Road and Blunnick Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents, businesses, emergency vehicles and school buses will be maintained at all times. The road will be open to traffic outside of working hours during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience. Drivers should, however, expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £250,000 road improvement scheme at Alliance Avenue, Belfast 14 June 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme on Stream Street, Newry 13 June 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough Council 12 June 2019
- UPDATE: £200,000 resurfacing scheme for Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards 07 June 2019