A £146,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Knockahollet Road, Ballymoney will start on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
The scheme which extends for one kilometre from Lisboy Road to Ballyportery Road is expected to be complete by Saturday 4 April 2020.
This essential resurfacing work is going ahead at this time as part of our commitment to continuing, for as long as possible, to deliver significant improvements to local communities and road users.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full daily road closure between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Wednesday 25 March 2020 until Saturday 4 April 2020.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation via A44 Drones Road – A26 Frosses Road and vice-versa.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the scheme by 4 April will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020