A £110,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Millfield, Belfast is due to commence on Tuesday 18 September 2018.
The scheme will resurface the city bound lanes from Carrick Hill to Francis Street and is expected to be completed by 28 September.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors during the resurfacing works, it will be necessary to operate road closures during off peak hours. There will be no through traffic on North Street, between Royal Avenue and Peters Hill in both directions; and no through traffic on Carrick Hill coming from Donegall Street to Peters Hill. The timing of closures will be:
- Tuesday 18 to Thursday 20 September from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am, and
- Monday 24 to Friday 28 September 2018 from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am
On Thursday 20 and Thursday 27 September road closures will start from 10.00 pm to facilitate late night shopping.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents will be maintained in the area for the duration of the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise the inconvenience to businesses and the general public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey. The public is asked to comply with the temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019