Highfield Drive in West Belfast will benefit from a £108,000 footway resurfacing scheme, which is due to commence on Monday 24 February 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend the entire length of the street, a distance of approximately 900 metres.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures, week days only, from Monday 24 February until Friday 10 April 2020 between the hours of 8.00am and 4.30pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and whilst access for residents will be maintained as much as possible, unfortunately parking cannot be accommodated during the hours of working.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 10 April will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartrmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon delivers MOT test centres to help fight COVID-19 06 April 2020
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020