Highfield Drive in West Belfast will benefit from a £108,000 footway resurfacing scheme, which is due to commence on Monday 24 February 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend the entire length of the street, a distance of approximately 900 metres.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures, week days only, from Monday 24 February until Friday 10 April 2020 between the hours of 8.00 am and 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and whilst access for residents will be maintained as much as possible, unfortunately parking cannot be accommodated during the hours of working.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 10 April will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon welcomes completion of Drumahoe Park and Ride facility 03 August 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Pond Park Road, Lisburn 02 August 2021
- Mallon announces appointments to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority 31 July 2021
- Minister confirms extension of free public transport for healthcare workers scheme to 31 August 2021 30 July 2021