A £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Millfield, Belfast will commence on Monday 23 March 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 300 metres on southbound carriageway only between Peter’s Hill and Frances Street.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to operate overnight road closures, from Monday 23 March 2020 until Friday 27 March between the hours of 9.00pm and 6.00am. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed during these times.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 28 March will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartrmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon delivers MOT test centres to help fight COVID-19 06 April 2020
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020