The Department for Infrastructure has announced details of a Community Information Event for the Newry Southern Relief Road (NSRR) Project.
The NSRR is being developed to provide a strategic link between the A1/N1 Belfast to Dublin corridor and the A2 Warrenpoint Road, bypassing Newry City Centre. It is one of the three infrastructure projects being taken forward by the Department within the Belfast Region City Deal, which has allocated £93.4m to the project.
This community update follows the announcement by the Department that a non-opening 50 metre span fixed bridge is the Department’s preferred option for crossing the Newry River and Newry Ship Canal.
The aim of the event is to demonstrate how the proposed scheme has been developed to its current stage and the next steps for the scheme. It will update stakeholders and the public on the current proposals. It will also demonstrate how critical environmental concerns are being considered as part of the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
The event will include an un-staffed exhibition display from Monday 16 to Wednesday 18 October and staffed for one day on Thursday 19 October 2023, which will provide an opportunity to engage with Departmental staff and the engineering consultants who can provide detail on work done to date and the emerging plans for the proposed scheme. Feedback will be welcomed by the Department.
The exhibition display of the proposed scheme will be available as follows:
- Date: Monday 16 October to Thursday 19 October 2023 inclusive
- Time: 10 am - 8 pm
- Venue: Newry Leisure Centre, Cecil Street, Newry, Co. Down, BT35 6AU.
You may make representation at the venue, or by email, letter and telephone as detailed below to:
- Email: DfIRoads.Southern@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk
- Address: Major Projects Team South, DfI, Marlborough House, Central Way, Craigavon, BT64 1AD
- Telephone: (028) 3832 0336.
- Project information is available at: https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/articles/newry-southern-relief-road-overview
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – November 2023 08 December 2023
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council pledge to Share the Road to Zero 08 December 2023
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland In-depth Report 2021 has been published today 07 December 2023
- Consultation begins on options for introducing water and sewerage charges 07 December 2023