Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that a £365,000 flood alleviation scheme on the La Salle Stream in the Riverdale Park East area of West Belfast is due to commence on 22 February 2021.
The scheme will involve the construction of approximately 180 metres of new culvert and manholes.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“Once completed this significant investment should reduce the risk of flooding to approximately 10 residential properties in the vicinity.
“Flooding causes devastation and destruction and this is an area which has a history of flooding. The commencement of this work will directly benefit these homes with a reduction in flood risk when it is complete. I hope that this work will bring some comfort and reassurance to these homeowners in the Riverdale Park East area.”
The works will be programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however, road users should take care in the vicinity of the works and be aware of emerging construction traffic.
The work is expected to take four months to complete. All work will be carried out in line with current health and safety regulations, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Notes to editors:
- The works are being undertaken by Whitemountain (part of the Breedon Group).
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Extension of a Non-Executive Member appointment to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority 05 March 2021
- Respect people who are delivering public services – Nichola Mallon 04 March 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021