Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £195,000 resurfacing scheme on the A5 Great Northern Link, Strabane will start on Monday 10 February 2020
Minister Mallon said:
“I have made clear my intent to tackle the regional imbalance in infrastructure. I want any investment in roads to reflect the need across our entire network. I am pleased to announce the road improvement scheme on the Great Northern Link represents an investment of £195,000 into this key strategic route. This work will significantly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network enhancing citizens lives by better connecting our communities.”
The scheme will start from a location approximately 100 metres south of Strathan’s Road and proceed northwards for one kilometre.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to implement a road closure and in order to minimise disruption to traffic the work will be undertaken between the hours of 7.00 pm to 7.00 am from Monday 10 February to Friday 15 February 2020. A signed diversion route will be in place via the B72 Melmount Road and B72 Bradley Way.
Road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The work is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020