The Department for Infrastructure has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint four Non- Executive Members to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners.
These key posts offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to make a tangible and valued contribution to the management and continued growth of this important public body.
The time commitment for the post will be approximately 1-2 business days per month. The Members will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Members will receive remuneration of £8,552 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointments will be effective from 1 October 2019 and will run for a period of four years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
The application pack can be accessed on:
- www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing at Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone: 028 9054 1049;
- By e-mail. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for applications is 28 June 2019.
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The appointments will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 12 December 2019
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019