The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has launched a recruitment campaign to appoint a Chair to Northern Ireland Water (NIW).
The time commitment for the post will be approximately four business days per month. The Chair will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Chair will receive remuneration of £40,000 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 April 2020 and will run for a period of up to four years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community. Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the competition documents, including the Candidate Information Booklet which provides details of the role and competition criteria at:
- www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or at:
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
In writing at:
10-18 Adelaide Street,
- By Telephone on 028 9054 0994;
- By e-mail. Send your request to: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- The Department for Infrastructure is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The Department agreed to launch this public appointment competition last month, under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation and Exercise Functions) Act 2018. It should be noted that this Act is only effective up to the 13 January 2020. Any aspect of this recruitment process falling after this date will have to take account of new legislation or a return of Departmental Ministers. In the event of the appointment being made by an official of the Department, then the resulting appointment may be subject to review by an incoming Minister.
- The appointment will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- The Articles of Association provide for the appointment of not less than two and not more than ten directors of the company. The Board comprises a Chair and up to five Non-Executive Directors and four Executive Directors.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- North Street, Newtownards to benefit from £100,000 road improvement 16 January 2020
- Mallon Announces £130,000 resurfacing scheme for Beech Valley, Dungannon 16 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020