The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has launched a recruitment campaign to appoint a Chair to Northern Ireland Water (NIW).
The time commitment for the post will be approximately four business days per month. The Chair will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Chair will receive remuneration of £40,000 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 April 2020 and will run for a period of up to four years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community. Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the competition documents, including the Candidate Information Booklet which provides details of the role and competition criteria at:
- www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or at:
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
In writing at:
10-18 Adelaide Street,
- By Telephone on 028 9054 0994;
- By e-mail. Send your request to: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- The Department for Infrastructure is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The Department agreed to launch this public appointment competition last month, under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation and Exercise Functions) Act 2018. It should be noted that this Act is only effective up to the 13 January 2020. Any aspect of this recruitment process falling after this date will have to take account of new legislation or a return of Departmental Ministers. In the event of the appointment being made by an official of the Department, then the resulting appointment may be subject to review by an incoming Minister.
- The appointment will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- The Articles of Association provide for the appointment of not less than two and not more than ten directors of the company. The Board comprises a Chair and up to five Non-Executive Directors and four Executive Directors.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Larne Street, James Street and Alfred Street Place, Ballymena 06 August 2020
- Minister Mallon announces resumption of normal schedule on the Strangford Ferry 06 August 2020