Information on DfI responsibilities, how competitions are run, current competitions and how to contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit.
The Department is responsible for the appointment of a Chair and Board Members to the boards of the following bodies:
- Northern Ireland Water (NIW)
- Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company (NITHC)
- Belfast Harbour Commissioners
- Londonderry Port & Harbour Commissioners
- Warrenport Harbour Authority
- Drainage Council for Northern Ireland
All DfI appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for NI (CPANI).
Recruitment for DfI public appointments
Advertisements are placed in the main local papers, relevant trade publications, nidirect, DfI website and also on the Central Appointments website.
If you have any queries regarding public appointments or would like to register your interest in any upcoming vacancies please contact:
Public Appointments Unit
Department for Infrastructure
Tel: 028 9054 1002
Fax: 028 9054 0997
Textphone: 028 9054 0642
Text relay service: 18001 028 9054 1049