The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint a Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners.
Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners is an Independent Statutory Authority, operating under the Foyle Port brand, with a duty to develop, maintain, and operate to the highest standards of efficiency, financial prudence, environmental awareness, safety, and security. The role of a Chair is to bring experience and judgement to bear on issues of strategy, governance and performance and be prepared to constructively challenge and assist executive management in the development of strategic objectives and policies.
DfI encourages anyone who considers that they meet the criteria for the post and feel that they want to make a positive contribution to the work of Foyle Port to apply.
The time commitment for the post will be approximately three business days per month. The Chair will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Chair will receive remuneration of £27,982 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 January 2024 for a four-year term.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community. Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the application pack at: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or at: https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/dfi-public-appointments
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing to Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone: 028 9054 0994. Text relay service 18001 028 9054 0994
- By email. Send your request to: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice
- The appointments will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Department launches public consultation on improvements to the planning application process 11 December 2023
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – November 2023 08 December 2023
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council pledge to Share the Road to Zero 08 December 2023
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland In-depth Report 2021 has been published today 07 December 2023